July 7, 2015
Anurag Garg is Co-founder and CEO of Dattus Inc., which provides predictive, prescriptive and preventative technology to reduce or eliminate the cost of unplanned downtime.
- The next "industrial revolution" is here thanks to companies like Dattus.
- Dattus is all about reducing or eliminating unplanned down-time, which can be very costly.
- The Dattus technology reports ahead of time that a machine will fail, via use of real-time reporting and continuous data collection.
- The Dattus systems will learn over time and will get better and better at predicting failure. "Just like humans, the more data the system sees, the more it learns."
- This process is called "Machine Learning."
- The cost of down-time is huge and can change industry to industry.
- Continuous monitoring vs. "run to failure" mode.
- In some cases, using "nanotechnology" devices. But the overall solution is "sensor-agnostic."
- Anurag was born in India and raised in Thailand.
May 29, 2015
Amy Woodall is a Communications and Customer Service Trainer with Trustpointe. Amy is an absolute master of DISC and behavior styles, and in this episode, Amy helps us grasp the importance of understanding other people and how they operate.
- It's common for people to want to be a "high D" on the DISC profile.
- DISC gives you a snapshot of what your behavior style is and how you appear to other people.
- DISC assessments are generally amazingly accurate.
- Many people like to read their DISC results, but then "put it away" and don't put it to use. This is a big mistake!
- Tony is a "High I," and generally finds it very easy to "be around people."
- Amy helps people grow in areas they need to master to be effective.
- DISC does not measure what people can and cannot do.
- "High D" people generally are impatient problem-solvers who like to move at a fast pace.
- We tend to marry our opposites, but at work, we often clash with our opposites.
- The most successful people are those that learn how other people work, and how they want to be treated. (Not all successful people are "High D.")
May 19, 2015
Attracting and hiring the best talent is a challenge for any organization. Jeff Boucher is Director of Talent Services at Titus Talent Strategies, and in this episode he shares some of the secrets for attracting the very best talent to your organization.
Jeff is often called "The Talent Thief," which of course is provocative, but also describes very well the value he brings to any company struggling with talent acquisition. The Titus model ingeniously includes focusing on "passive candidates," meaning those candidates who are not actively looking to make a job change.
It makes sense. The very best talent in any field are usually valued by their current employers and enjoy great job security. In other words, the best people aren't out scanning the "want ads" for a new position.
- Jeff is the first "repeat guest" on Hoosier Hometown Heroes.
- Jeff has not yet been to the Indy500 (but Tony will do his best to drag him to qualifications this year).
- Jeff often refers to himself as a "Talent Thief."
- Normally works with companies with annual revenue up to $500,000,000.
- Titus coaches clients to be more "proactive" with their talent acquisition strategy (build a pipeline of talent).
- Focus on "Passive Candidates," which are generally where you find the best talent.
- Not a fan of the "Post and Pray" approach to filling a job.
- Tutus Talent Strategies will help "sell the position" to the candidate.
- Charged at an hourly rate rather than a percentage of salary. (75% savings compared to the traditional recruiting model).
- Promethius Consulting is working with Schmidt Peterson Motorsports to support all their computer technology at the Indy500 this year.
May 4, 2015
Denise Rezsonya is an Indianapolis-based Christian Author and Speaker, and has recently published Be The Light - A Christian-based Reference Book for Today's Youth.
The book is a great way to "wade" lightly into scripture while exploring/solving real-life problems such as bullying, self-image and stress.
- Writing has always been a passion of Denise's. Publishing a book the the fulfillment of a dream.
- Denise will be producing a television show called "Be the Light," geared toward teenagers, which will air on Hamilton County TV starting in September of 2015.
- The book is not so much rigidly "Christian" as it is "Faith Based."
- Rather than a book you read "cover to cover," this book is more like a "work book" or "devotional." When a child is facing a particular challenge, she can read the table of contents to find a reading that can shed light on the particular issue.
- Tony and Denise walk through a couple different pages to demonstrate how the book works.
- The book is a very "non-intimidating" way to introduce biblical topics to kids and young adults.
- Denise's website is www.denisemrezsonya.com and contains all her social links, links to purchase the book, etc.
- The book is available on Amazon
- Be The Light is also a great workbook for entire families. A great conversation starter if nothing else.
- Faith is what propelled Denise to undertake this project.
- There is a "Volume II" in the works.